Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What is the yellow berry/fruit with green leaves surrounding it called


What is the yellow berry/fruit with green leaves surrounding it called???
I worked in Austria for a few months this year, and there was this wonderful fruit that I am still craving today. Unfortunately, no one was able to think of the English translation for it. It could be from the berry family, but I'm not sure. It's about the size of a cherry, but it is yellow. It has no pit or seed and is usually served with the leaves still intact. The leaves are thin and green and sit directly ontop of the fruit or berry itself. Does ANYONE know what these are called? Thanks so much!
Other - Food & Drink - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think I know what you mean,I like them,they are sweet.cant remember the name at the moment,think it starts with P.
2 :
is it a Cape Gooseberry? there's a link below