Sunday, March 7, 2010

How can I get assistance finding work in Europe, via agencies or otherwise


How can I get assistance finding work in Europe, via agencies or otherwise?
I am an Australian citizen who would like to move to Europe. For this I will most likely need to find employment and I'd prefer not to be simply on a working holiday Visa. If it helps, I would be mainly looking for work in the IT industry (where I have qualifications and experience) or any work where the main requirement is fluency in English, but I'm open to any kind of small, yet secure, work. What recruitment/employment agencies are there who, for a fee, will help me find work with employers who are willing to hire someone who is not a resident of their country? Ideally they would be able to provide assistance, to perhaps both myself and the employer, regarding work sponsorship Visas and other legal issues. I have been applying for jobs simply from those advertised on websites but it seems it would be far more efficient to hire an agency who have the knowledge to find positions which may be available to foreigners. That and if they are able to assist with legal issues, employers might be more willing to provide sponsorship. Any ideas on how to find work and sponsorship would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind paying for services if it means I will get results. Below are a list of countries I am most interested in. Thanks. Countries: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Check out the JobsinHubs network of job search sites which offer easy access to English speaking jobs in a variety of European countries. Go to http://www.JobsinHubs.com to start your job hunt and good luck!
2 :
For work in the Netherlands you might want to take a look at this website. It is in Dutch AND in English. This already tells you something about Dutch economy and society. Getting a job in the IT industry will not pose much of a problem, providing you can document your qualifications and experience. http://www.kelly.nl/web/nl/services/en/pages/index.html Legal issues vis-a-vis your stay in Holland:http://www.ind.nl/nl/index.asp