Friday, January 21, 2011

Mountainous Regions of France and Work


Mountainous Regions of France and Work?
Hi there, I am trying to find out, what parts are the most mountainous and popular. By this I mean, what are some major cities that are situated in/near mountains? Also, are there any cities in particular that generally have more jobs than other areas? I am planning to go to France to work, and I would prefer to be in the mountains (grew up in Austria), but mainly I am looking for a nice city that may offer a decent job. Any knowledge you can share about France would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Languages - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Lyon and/or Grenoble
2 :
Rhône-Alpes : Annecy Grenoble Lyon Midi-Pyrénées : Albi Cahors Castres Millau Tarbes Toulouse
3 :
I lived in Clermont Ferrand, it's a city in the Auverne region and is completely surronded by a chain of extinct volcanos! No matter where you are in the city you can see the highest of these peaks, the Puy de Dome. I loved it there.