Friday, April 1, 2011

Is there anyone out there, that is fluent in both English and German that would mind keeping in touch with me


Is there anyone out there, that is fluent in both English and German that would mind keeping in touch with me?
I'm planning on spending the next couple of summers in Austria and am currently working on becoming fluent in the German language. I'm looking for someone(possibly a friend) fluent in German and English who would be willing to keep in touch (at the risk of sounding greedy) so as to help me with my German and simply chat.
Languages - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you don't need to work and have enough money it should be a lot of fun, i went to the Netherlands it wasn't a party finding work, dealing with the government - car licence, accommodation, permission to stay, registration, paying bills, the language barrier setting up a bank account being thrown into the gutter when sick by a girlfriend etc, while people supported by a big company have all this provided. Look German is my third language and find it to be a very big ( many words ) language, and ( with the very up most respect to the German people ) because my understanding or lack there of - i find it a bit monotone and very fast spoken language, and its a very intelligent language ( maybe why i haven't mastered it yet. If you are Yong and have somewhere to stay even better if you have some family there - it would be a westerners dream accomplishment . If when you are over there and need advice just contact me on steenenterprise@yahoo.com i can even read a bit of German , i would be interested to know how you are going in Germany . ( but I'm not fluent in German ).
2 :
Native speaker living in Germany, IM me katrein_v, I could help you. Yes, I do agree, that German is a monotone language in comparison to Czech or English which I am also able to speak. And be aware, for foreigners German is hard to learn, I heared that several times.