Sunday, October 7, 2012

How can I text/phone people in Europe from the US


How can I text/phone people in Europe from the US?
I've tried with several people. It just doesn't work. They don't recieve the texts. I'm trying to text someone in Austria and I know the code is +43 ... I also tried 00143+hisnumber. Doesn't work. I live in the US. I have Verizon.
Cell Phones & Plans - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try to call costumer service and ask them what area code to dial and how to text people from europe i called costumer service and helps allot
2 :
You will need the exact code. You input their exact number as if you was going to call them. It should work unless you do not have the privilege to text outside the US. It may also take some time for them to receive the text message. Remember Austria has a difference time zone so it might be early or late morning.. If they don't reply they can be busy or sleeping. DON'T FORGET YOU GET CHARGED EXTRA FOR TEXTING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY, UNLIMITED OR A TEXTING PLAN DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS IT...
3 :
Its 011 plus country code or + and the country code. Leave out any zeros at the beginning of the number such as 011430789 would be incorrect it would be 01143789 would be the correct way. Or Verizon doesn't support international texting to their specific mobile carrier in Austria.