Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Moving to Austria to see my family.. please help


Moving to Austria to see my family.. please help!!?
I was born in Bosnia and lived with my father, mother and two older brothers. We then moved to Austria Vienna from the war for two months, after hardships and a difficult divorce between my mother and father, my father took me to Australia with him when I was two years old we gained an Australian Citzenship however sadly he passed away when i was eight years old to cancer. I am now 20 years old it has been eighteen years since i have seen my brothers and my mum. I am planning to visit them in June 2011 which they are very happy about. I have been keeping in contact with them over the years and they really want me to live over in Austria with them. My grandma who i love very much lives in the city Vienna whereas my mum and brothers are more on the rural side. I'm not so sure about making the decision to live there before i go there but if i do like it what are my options? I graduated from high school here in Australia and would like to maybe do furthur study in Austria or Vienna, my Grandma told me i could live with her while going to school. I can speak very little german but with more practice i will be fine. Will i need to apply for a Visa to live in Austria (Vienna) even if I was born in Europe (Bosnia) How could I apply for a Visa without losing my Australian Citizenship (Just in case I want to go back to Australia) Is it difficult for a 20 year old female to find work in Austria without having a degree or bachelor? Only serious answers please Thank you!! I will aslo only be bringing 15,000 AUD to bring with me (will convert to Euros of before I get there) Do you think that would be enough for me start with?? I would not have to pay for accomodation.
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes you will need to have a visa to visit Austria as you are now an Australian Citizen and no you will not lose your Australian citizenship through getting a visa, even if you decide to stay in Austria you could still retain it also, that is hold dual citizenship. As for the amount of money you want to take with you, you will have to declare any amount over $10,000.00 AUD. Go to this site for more detailed info http://www.immi.gov.au/
2 :
Well since you are a Australian citizen you don´t need a visa to visit Austria (your passport will "allow" you to stay here for a maximum of 90 days). When you want to live in Austria its getting complicated. The best chance you have is to apply for a student visa (but there is no guarantee that you will get it) which would allow you to study in Austria (but will not allow you to live here when you have finished study). To get permanent resident status you would need a "visa" which allows you to work in Austria (And this is hard or quite "impossible" to get because you are no EU citizen). It´s pretty much impossible to get a working permit for non EU citizens because you would need an employer which can prove that he/she is not able to find a single EU citizen (and we are talking about 500 million people) "willing" to do your job to even apply for a working permit. So you would need extreme high qualification in a sector where people are demanded. Without this you don´t even have a chance.