Monday, August 1, 2011

Best place to visit in Austria


Best place to visit in Austria?
Hi all, due to my kind of work I don't get much time off and I like to travel when I can on the weekends, since I can't cover much ground, I would like your suggestions on what is the best place/city/town to visit in Austria for 2 days. Thanks a tonne!!
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends a lot on your particular interests, but I often travel on weekends from northern Italy and particularly like Vienna and Salzburg as short breaks in Austria. There's plenty to see and do. For example, in Salzburg, you can spend a day seeing the town, and then get to Hellbrun and some of the sights out of the city on the 2nd day. They're also relatively easy to get to from here using the trains. I do, however, look for local festivals that might be going on. Another possibility is Innsbruck - I spent a very nice day there but am not sure what I would have done for a 2nd day.
2 :
I would say for shopping Pandorf and for visiting Salzburg if you love the Sound of Music which was filmed there
3 :
viena, is the best place and saltzburg