Sunday, August 21, 2011

Is the relationship going to work after a year, mostly long distance, and once or twice a month "I love yous"


Is the relationship going to work after a year, mostly long distance, and once or twice a month "I love yous"?
I can tell that my bf of more than a year loves me from all of his actions and the way he listens. It just is wierd to hear that all my friends bf's are saying "I love you" to eachother way more than we do and talking about our future together is taboo...This would be all fine and dandy, but we will be going through the long distance thing (again) in a week. I am going to the U.S. for six months, and he will be staying in Austria to finish up school. It worked the first time amazingly, but since we barely say these words, and are out of the honeymoon stage, will this time be worse? or could it still be the same? HELP!
Singles & Dating - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would just be open and honest with him and yourself! My guy is not a very wordzy kinda person. But if I ask him questions like "do you see us being together for the long-term" he always says "yes! why did you think I didn't!" Some guys just dont communicate their feelings well. But actions show he wants to be with you if he is commited to you when you are far away from eachother. It should work i think if you both want it too. Best of luck! :) !
2 :
If you love each other enough, you could last. It's not wrong to say I love you or have future plans( well discussing future plans are something you could avoid because most of these plans doesn't happen). If you and your bf rarely communicate, there is a chance it would result to a break up. That is if you are not seeing each other, I mean, yeah you maybe far from each other but you see each other every 3 months or so, something like that. Actually, long distance relationships do work, but if it stays that way, you may fall out of love easily. It actually happened to me, since we're not seeing each other so often, (like we only see each other every 6 months when school's out) I happen to flirt around, but I stuck with my bf. I never committed myself to anybody else. Communication will keep your relationship going, and if you lack communication, you are most likely to break up... believe me. It's actually happening to me right now and I feel awful.
3 :
maybe