Sunday, April 1, 2012

Can I work in Europe


Can I work in Europe?
Here's my deal. I was born in Poland, came to Canada at like 11 so I have a dual citizenship. I want to go back to Europe. I was thinking Italy, Greece or Austria. Maybe something else. I'm not firm on anything. I just want a change of lifestyle. Does my dual citizenship help me at all to be able to work in Europe as a nurse? I have a degree. Where can I get the info on this. Thanks.
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes the dual citizenship can help you.
2 :
Yes, you just buy a one-way plane ticket and when you get to Europe you start looking for a job. Go to London because you speak the language already and could find a job easily, no one will hire you if you don't speak the language. London is a great city, line Toronto and NYC.
3 :
Yes, Poland is in the EU so you can work in any EU country without a work permit. For most of them, you just need to find a job and when you have one, you apply for a residence permit which is more of a formality, just so they know that you are staying. That does not however mean that you can work as a nurse. Nurses in most countries are subject to licensing so you would have to google the association of nurses or ministry of health in the country you want to go to and find out what you need to do to get licensed. Number 2 is language barriers. It may not be very easy for you to work if you can't understand the patients but if there is a shortage of nurses in that country, they will probably take you anyway, at least as long as you are licensed to work as a nurse already.