Saturday, October 1, 2011

Electric converter for European travel


Electric converter for European travel?
I'm going on a trip to Europe in two weeks or so, and I need an outlet converter that will work for both my ipod nano and my digital camera without blowing their circuits. It has to work in England, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, and Lichtenstein. I have heard that many converters/adapters will surge and frazzle ipods, etc... Any suggestions? I need a brand or model.. something specific, not just voltage suggestions.
Packing & Preparation - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not sure, but I believe those countries use a standard 250volt, 50 cycle power, so your converter must go from that to the present USA 120 volt 60 cycle supply. Best to check with supplier where you buy the converter.
2 :
Look on the chargers. If they say you can run them from 240V you just need plug adapters, and can likely get a kit with all the adapters you need. If the say only 120V, you need a converter transformer as well. A 50W/VA one will do.
3 :
You may just need a universal adapter for the plug. iPod adaptor should be 120~240Vac auto. Same thing with your camera. Check their charger voltage ratings. Cameras and iPods can be charged using USB chargers too.