Friday, October 7, 2011

Police In Austria


Police In Austria?
To become a police officer in austria do you have to be an austrian citizen? I plan to move to austria but I am getting a degree in criminal justice which usually means police work, and if I cannot become a police officer in austria until I am a citizen that will be 10 years of living there to become one.. So I would need a job to do in the 10 years of time I have to wait... Any ideas? I will be taking the schooling in austria, not in the US. And I speak German fluently, so everything is good except for what to do with a degree in CJ when you cannot become an officer..
Law Enforcement & Police - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are few countries that will let you be a police officer without being a citizen, however, there are other types of jobs such as corrections or some kind of inspector for a social service such as backround checks on applicants. I would hope that you can speak the prevailing language as that would help a lot. If you are getting a CJ degree in the US it is not going to be of much value there as the systems are very different. Hoepfully you are not moving to Austria to become a police officer as there must be an easier way to do this.
2 :
Remembering the police back home, I have to seriously doubt whether you actually need that CJ degree. They seemed dumb as rocks. You could see if maybe doing the mandatory military duty will get you the citizenship. Then you could also become military police (Feldjaeger)