Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Austria education + International student (India) : Query


Austria education + International student (India) : Query?
Hello Everyone, I am a student from India and want to pursue my post graduation in Austria. I have tried to check the websites but, I am unable to get all the info I need. 1. I request a Indian student currently in Austria to contact me. 2. Do international students have a option to work on-campus as in U.S.A or can they take up part time jobs in Austria to support there living expenses. 3. What are the part-time jobs available. 4.Any suggestions regarding the Univ to select ( I am a computer science graduate). 5. I am learning German language, is knowledge of German language mandatory. Any suggestion made will be of immense help. Thank you in advance. Take care, Bye. Contact email address : ranjeethsingh_ears@yahoo.com or ranjeeth78@gmail.com. Yahoo ID : ranjeethsingh_ears.
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a veryu good idea
2 :
Every Australian University has a Career Centre. Permission to work in Australia is no longer attached to the Australian student visa if the visa is granted outside Australia. But they can get a new student visa with work rights after they begin their own course at an Australian University. They only required paying AUD $50 application fee for the new visa. This new visa allows the student to work 20hrs a week when school is in and longer during the school holidays.
3 :
hi , I am an indian in germany, so I think I would be able to help. on campus jobs in my university are rare I think it is the same in austria as well,german/austrian universities have very limited studenten arbiet austria has uni's and fachhochshule's it depends where you want to study. Part time jobs are hard to come by it also depends on the city that you are living in if you dont get one in university but your resident city is big then your chances are higher. right now austrian universities are only charging 360 euros per sem for fees which is going to be increased shortly. Knowledge of german is very helpfull but austrians have a very accented german , its more closer to bayerisch than higher deutsche. I would still suggest you to try for USA that is the best place to try but if you still want austria then, Veile gluck!!!!!!!!