Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Does drinking help with speaking a foreign language


Does drinking help with speaking a foreign language?
I was at a party with some friends and one of those friends is from Austria. She is fluent in English and German. However, I am learning German by myself and don't know much, but I know some. We started talking in English, then switched to German, and she said my German was perfect and sounded like that of an Austrian. Does my brain work well with languages or was it because of the alcohol?
Languages - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Take this into consideration... if you were drinking, so was she.
2 :
I totally think she has a thing for you ;)
3 :
Drinking won't help with speaking in a foreign language it will make it worse.
4 :
I have this weird idea that it MIGHT help with accents because it lowers inhibitions. Most people are self-conscious when they try to reproduce unfamiliar sounds because they think it sounds silly, or are afraid of sounding silly, or something, so getting a bit tipsy to stop worrying about sounding like an idiot might help. Or maybe the local dialect sounds naturally slurred; I wouldn't know. Or see the first answer.
5 :
this question is hilarious, maybe she got the hots for you. How long have you been studying German so far?