Sunday, June 21, 2009

My friend just bought a Playstation 3 in the U.S. for his nephew in Austria (Europe)


My friend just bought a Playstation 3 in the U.S. for his nephew in Austria (Europe). ?
He wants to know if this Playstation will work in Austria? Will the PS 3 games that he rents in Austria work on his American PS 3? Will it play Austria blu-ray disks? Should I ship this Playstation 3 to him, or should I return it to the store?
PlayStation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well i remember with my ps2 my bro bought me a game in england and it didnt work so im guessing it wont but u should research it more not sure i would pry just get him one from austria
2 :
There are different types of electric current(Austria has more watt in their electricity), but the playstation 3 is like a laptop, it can manage different currents. It will be able to play austrian games, because games have no zoning law on them, but it probably won't be able to play the blue ray dvds, most dvds have zoning law on them(means you can only watch them from dvd players and systems from their own country). So basically, all the games should work, but the blue ray disks probably will not(they will if the disks are from usa).