Monday, September 14, 2009

How would I go about living in Austria


How would I go about living in Austria?
I want to work and live in Austria but I know that it is hard to get a visa.
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi, It depends on which nationality you are. I am a Non EEA/EU citizen and worked in Salzburg, Austria for a year. If you are the same, then the procedure goes like this. 1) You find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. 2) The employer then approaches the ABS (Work permits dept) with your documents (educational transcripts, work experience details, copy of birth certificate and other details). 3) The employer must show that they were not able to find a local suitable for the job. Upon hearing your case, you would be cleared and would receive a work permit. 4) You must then apply for a resident visa at the Austrian embassy. The entire process took my close to 3 months. The Austrian officials are very well known for their bureaucracy and the key is patience. It would help if you know anyone from inside the system as that helps speed up the process faster. All the best.