Sunday, August 1, 2010

What is the maximum amount of cash I can fly into Austria with? I am going to open an account there


What is the maximum amount of cash I can fly into Austria with? I am going to open an account there.?
I'm working in the middle east, and want to make a sizeable deposit, initially 5 - 10,000 USD in cash and the rest via bank transfer afterwards. I'm a Canadian Citizen so I want to take advantage of the tax scheme in Austria for foreigners.
Other - Austria - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
seven hundred trillion pesos
2 :
There is no such thing as a maximum amount you are allowed to carry to Austria as long as you can prove where the money comes from.Anyway the limit Banks have to start checking the provenience of money is 10.000,- Euros. But double check if you are allowed to take the money out where you have it now to bring it to Austria. EDIT: Unlike in the US in Austria, Switzerland and also in Germany it is not considered weired to carry larger amounts of cash with you (as long as this cash is legally earned of course ;-) ), also it is not unsafe to do so in these countries contrarily to the other answer.
3 :
transporting large ammount of cash isn't a good idea. WHy don't you just open an account here and when you fly back to wherever you are - you can safely tranfer the money through your bank.