Saturday, August 7, 2010

I want to move to Austria; I have dual citizenship but I'm concerned w/how to keep up with my bills here


I want to move to Austria; I have dual citizenship but I'm concerned w/how to keep up with my bills here?
I make most bill payments online and need to know how that could continue overseas and if deposits in Austrian banks can be transferred to U.S. banks. How does this work? I will most likely be near Innsbruck.
Personal Finance - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Online is a great way to go. You might want to talk to your bank and get a recommendation. Also, consider going with something international like HSBC or ING. They may have greater flexibility for transferring funds internationally.
2 :
What I would do is get a credit card from the austrian bank. As long as you get a mastercard or visa, it will be good no matter where you use it. Pay all your bills with the credit card and just pay off the credit card online if the bank has a good website.
3 :
Yes don't worry Austria is as developed as the states, you can wire trans to your US bank without any probs. u just need to open a bank account at any bank. p.s I am from austria.