Monday, February 14, 2011

does long distance relatioship work when you guys live oceans away


does long distance relatioship work when you guys live oceans away?
well i met this guy online. i'm 22 and he is 21. i live in singapore and he lives in austria i can meet him in person a few times a year cuz i can get the cheapest air plance ticket. we talk on webcam for hours everyday. i like him but it's a pain that i cannot touch him. all my friends told me that online relationship is no good. i'm confused..... do you think i should break up with him and look for someone who lives in my town or do you think it's worth giving it a try? have you ever done that before? how did it work?
Singles & Dating - 13 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Break up with him? How are you with him?
2 :
enjoy him but thats it. move on, oceans apart? no way
3 :
I've done this before. And I stopped doing online dating because it didn't work out. I also fell inlove once that was oceans away but I fell out of love because it just wasn't working out right. You can't really do anything with each other, other than type. You might be able to see him over the webcam, but it's not the same as actually being there. It'd be best for you to try and look for someone else nearby. Sorry if this brings you down.
4 :
my lady is currently in Austria and i am in Australia --- it can work BUT at some point one of you will have to move closer that is something for you to decide --- he should also make the effort to come to you no matter how much it costs ---- best wishes
5 :
true love shall never lose magic
6 :
it worked for me....but it only lasted for a half a year
7 :
The distance is too great. You are too young to be tied to someone who lives too far away from you to where you can't enjoy quality time when you need to. Unless one of yall plan on moving don't waste your time.
8 :
Long distance relationships have never worked out for me...and mine where just different towns...but everyone is different...its just that u need to think about that he could have another girl anytime anyplace and u wouldnt kno about her...just give it some thought...it might work out and it might not...good luck
9 :
I met my bf online and I'm happy I did. It doesnt matter how far you are from each other as long as you have constant communication, trust and patience to one another. Love, trust and patience can keep love alive.
10 :
It does not sound very promising. You met him on line for one thing, so you can't know to much about his persona. Plus it just doesn't seem healthy to be in a relationship where you can't even get a hug when your feeling blue. However in the end, only you can say whether he matters enough to make it work, or to go on to something else.
11 :
try both. he'd be unreasonable if you find someone, in person. how faithful are you? if you ask people about the relationship, you're not all that confident about your relationship. try dating others in your city, if it doesn't work, what do you have to lose. just be honest with him if you meet another guy and the new guy works.
12 :
The possibility of LD relationship to workout is very very small. It might be 1 in 50. I was in it before and it didn't work out. I live in Indonesia and my ex-bf was went to university in Melbourne. For the first few weeks, we keep contact each other everyday, chatting and text message. Few months later, we contact once a week. Sometimes even I cannot find him at all. But my case is different, I already know the guy before. You met him online. Do you know him really well? Can you trust his words? Did he honest with you? You never know whether he will hook up with others in there or is there any other online relationship he had with others? Some of my friends also involve in LD relationship and most of them didn't work out. It is all depend on your decision whether your want to keep this relationship or not. You need to really considering few aspects.
13 :
Don't listen to your friends listen to me.Go seek help to get money for a ticket every weekend. It can work. You like it, so get new friends,NOW!