Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Does satellite navigation work in Mexico


Does satellite navigation work in Mexico?
I'm going to move from austria to mexico city this summer and I would really love to have satellite navigation in my car.. Do you know if there are any companies offering that in mexico?
Other - Mexico - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes..You may have to purchase extra software that covers the Mexico area. I think any GPS company would have add-on software for it. I use Navigon and I know they have it for many other countries.
2 :
Has nothing to do with where you are, but everything to do with if you have maps for the area you are in. You'll have to get a navi-CD for mexico and put it in once you're in mexico, then it will work. it may need a few minutes to load into memory so be patient. As a matter of fact, chances are you'll have better GPS-sat-reception the farther south you go...up in the high north there's almost no coverage cuz most sats are on a much more southern orbit.